- the Snapplify Reader application
- Snapplify ecommerce stores, including Snapplify.com and Snapplify.co.ke, as well as various white labelled Snapplify stores developed for retail and publisher clients
- Snapplify for Education platforms, including Engage, Insights, Revise and Library
- Snapplify Publisher solutions platforms, including Origin
- the Snapplify Solutions site
Snapplify collects consumer personal information from multiple online processes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Account registration
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Submitting details via a form on our website, such as contact us or speak with an expert
- Submitting information via a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details provided during procurement, deployment, roll out, training, and support processes or activities
- Information supplied through the personalisation of a user account by a user, such as adding a photograph etc
- Monitoring user access and habits via Insights
- Sending or receiving emails, pertaining to marketing or general usage of the platform
- Push notifications or other similar messages
Uses and protection of personal information
The registration of a Snapplify user account constitutes consent from the user to share certain personal information for use by Snapplify. Personal information that is referred to here may be any of the following details:
- email address
- online identifiers
- school and grade data
- subject data
- reading and usage data, including duration of activity, time of activity, type of activity etc
This consent only extends to the legitimate purpose of providing support by the Snapplify team for the Snapplify service that the user has opted to use. Please read the Email communication section below for more details regarding direct communications from Snapplify.
Snapplify ensures adequate protection and management of personally identifiable information. We may use collected information to compile profiles for statistical purposes (analyse data for trends and statistics) and trade in these profiles. However, the individual user will always remain anonymous so no information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user. Information collected about users through their use is the property of Snapplify (Pty) Ltd.
We respect your privacy. All the information collected will be kept strictly confidential and personal identifiers will not be disclosed without your express consent, except when a prior written agreement exists giving permission to share personal details, or when we are required to provide information in order to ensure compliance with any form of legal process or with any law.
Upon registering an account and making use of Snapplify services, the user may be added to a Snapplify mailing list through which Snapplify may periodically send pertinent information about the service. The registration of a Snapplify user account constitutes consent from the user to receive information pertaining to the service offering and new features from Snapplify.
Snapplify requires additional consent from users if they want to receive retail newsletters that include information about book deals, discounts and new releases. Users can opt-in voluntarily by subscribing to the Snapplify retail mailing list here, or choose to opt in via an invitation email sent immediately following the user account registration process. The opt-in will be at the user’s own discretion, and users will always reserve the right to opt-out of receiving newsletters from Snapplify.
Snapplify uses commercially reasonable security methods to protect your personal information. Your personal information will be stored in a database located behind multiple firewalls and accessible only to authorised personnel. We do not encrypt normal Web sessions, but any transmission to our servers of credit card or other Personal Information uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you input. Password and credit card information is stored in our database in an encrypted, non-human readable form.
In the event of a data breach which may put users at risk, Snapplify will immediately notify all relevant stakeholders and users.
Storing of personal information
We store information supplied by users in fully secured databases with restricted access. This information may be updated through our subscriber functions via one of the Snapplify e commerce stores or a Snapplify platform. User data is stored for as long as a user account is registered with Snapplify. However, anonymous de-registered user information may be retained for high-level research purposes.
Disclosure of information
In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, we may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the e commerce stores and Snapplify Reader application to share with clients. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows us to collect statistics. We will only ever disclose aggregate information about our user base. Aggregate information will never disclose who you are, but rather identifies the user population in general terms.