Snapplify’s Refund Policy details the process to follow in order to cancel a purchase, report a defect, or arrange for a refund. Snapplify offers no ‘cool-off’ period for the return of purchased ebooks or electronic vouchers.
Users are not entitled to any refund or replacement unless it is expressly provided for under this Refund Policy or if Snapplify chooses to give the user a refund or replacement (at the company’s sole discretion and without being obliged).
The right to cancel, return, or be refunded
Incorrect content delivered
If the incorrect content is delivered (i.e. it is not the content that was purchased), the user must promptly contact email@example.com in order to resolve the mistake as quickly as possible.
Snapplify will not issue refunds or provide replacements for titles that are returned for any reason other than a defect (including, but not limited to, mistaken purchases, incorrect purchases, title swaps, or personal taste).
Snapplify may be lenient in some cases. Although the user has no right to return non-defective products bought from Snapplify, if the user wants to return a non-defective product purchased from Snapplify, Snapplify may, in its sole discretion, decide to nevertheless give a partial refund on that purchase.
If, within six (6) months of purchase, the user finds that the title is defective/faulty, or is otherwise unable to continue reading the title (i.e. the title is defective), the user may submit a refund request as set out in the ‘Return and refund process’ section below (this is the only manner in which requests for refunds will be accepted).
Should the title subsequently be found to indeed be defective, the user is entitled to either:
- have the title repaired or replaced, and have readability reinstated, or
- be fully refunded.
Should the title subsequently be found to not be defective, the user will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair.
If the user discovers that the title is defective after the six-month window has passed, and the title is subsequently found to be defective, the user is entitled to have the title repaired and have readability reinstated. If Snapplify is unable to repair the title or reinstate readability after a period of three (3) months, the user will be entitled to a refund.
Please note that the following issues/problems will not render the product damaged, defective or unsuitable, and will not entitle the user to any repair, replacement or refund:
- If the user is unable to access the relevant ebook because (a) the user has no internet connection, or the ebook is blocked by firewalls, or a similar internet- or network-related restriction is present on the user’s end; (b) the user has reached the device limit; (c) the user’s licence term has ended; or (d) payment therefor has failed.
- The inability to open or read an ebook PDF or ePUB file
- on more than one device simultaneously;
- on a reader application not supported by the Snapplify platform;
- on a device which the user has not yet associated/registered with the relevant Snapplify Reader application;
- on a device running an unsupported version of an operating system;
- on a device that does not conform to the ordinary levels of international standards, or where device manufacturers have not developed support for standard ebook functionality;
- because the user is unable to associate their device with a Snapplify Reader application since they are not connected to the internet.
Due to the many variables which could render an ebook (being the PDF or ePUB file) problematic or defective, any alleged defect in an ebook shall be dealt with as follows:
- Should the user experience any problems in downloading the ebook, or in opening or reading the ebook itself, or, although able to read the ebook, the ebook is defective in some other way (missing pages, incorrect book, etc), the user must report the problem to Snapplify via email using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If reported as above, Snapplify will assist the user in determining the possible cause(s) of the problem and how to rectify these. No refunds will be issued unless Snapplify determines that a refund is appropriate.
- It will be unlikely that Snapplify deems a refund appropriate if the user has already downloaded the ebook. Consequently, if the user believes an error has been made in the purchase (e.g. the user has accidentally ordered the incorrect ebook), please report the problem to Snapplify without downloading the ebook.
If the user returns an allegedly defective product purchased from Snapplify and, following inspection, it cannot be established with certainty that the product is defective, Snapplify may, in its sole discretion, nevertheless decide to give the user a partial refund on that purchase or to repair or give the user a replacement at a reduced cost.
Return and refund process
If the user wishes to return a product purchased from Snapplify for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, they must inform Snapplify of the reason for the return via email at email@example.com.
Once the user has successfully logged a return as outlined above, Snapplify will issue the user with a support ticket reference number. Snapplify will not issue refunds or replacements of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid support ticket reference number.
Snapplify will verify all logged issues, and provide initial feedback to the user within three (3) working days of receipt based on the date and time recorded in the ticketing system.
Snapplify will use all reasonable diligence to correct verifiable and reproducible errors when reported in accordance with its standard reporting procedures for errors, classified by severity as follows:
- Priority 1: An error which causes a system crash under normal usage. Snapplify will within two (2) working calendar days of verifying that such an error is present, initiate work in a diligent manner toward development of an error correction. Snapplify will provide the user with a status update once a resolution has been reached.
- Priority 2: Other errors. Snapplify will within five (5) working calendar days of verifying such an error is present, initiate work in a diligent manner toward development of an error correction. Snapplify will provide the user with a status update once a resolution has been reached.
Refund requests will be approved at the sole discretion of Snapplify.
Should the user be entitled to a refund for any reason, that refund will be done in the same manner in which the payment was made (i.e. by processing the refund against the user’s credit card or via EFT, as the case may be). If Snapplify is refunding via EFT, the user should provide correct banking details to Snapplify.